Main Idea - One of the primary means God has given us for “keeping faith” is to worship with and belong to a Gospel-centered church. One important aspect of belonging to a Gospel-centered church is encouraging one another. Paul gives us a simple and yet holistic way to do this. Admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, and help the weak. All of this is done with the kindness and patience of Christ Jesus.
Listen to the sermon audio here.
You can also check out more resources for this series HERE.
Read through the following passages: 1 Thessalonians 5:11-14
Discuss the questions below with your MC or DNA group.
- What strikes you when you read this passage? What questions come to mind?
- Why is it important to honor and esteem those who are in spiritual leadership in your life? What are ways you can support those who lead you spiritually?
- What are the three approaches Paul gives for how we can care well for one another?
- Which one of these three is strongest in your life? Which one do you wish you received more of? Which one do you sense God asking you to give more of?
- Why is it important to remember God’s patience with you? How does this help us better care and counsel others?
Kids Worship Questions
- What is one thing that stuck out to you in this sermon? What questions come up that you could discuss with your parents or a pastor?
- Can you list some of the people who help you learn more about Jesus? How can you thank them for this?
- Can you think of a time when your parents had to correct you about something? Why is it important that parents admonish or warn kids?
- How can you use your words to encourage others you know in our church and at school?