Sermon Summary - In this series, we are mining through the New Testament letters written by the apostles as they obeyed Jesus’s commission and did this work of proclaiming the gospel and making disciples, and starting churches. We want to see— what is the way of Jesus? What does it look like for faith in the gospel to truly change the way we live? What does it look like for the gospel to make us new? In this sermon, we look at the subject of sexuality. The bible has a lot to say about our sexuality. We look at God’s true and good design for sexuality and discuss what it looks like for us as married or single people to align our lives with his design.
Listen to the sermon audio HERE.
Watch the sermon video here:
Memory Verse - 19Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV)
- Read through 1 Corinthians 6:13-7:5. We recommend using the questions from the DNA Meeting Guide to help guide your study and discussion of this text.
- Get to the Heart - What spoke to you the most from this passage/sermon? Why is sex/sexuality such a difficult topic for us to discuss? What is God’s design for human sexuality? In what ways is sex (in husband/wife marriage) a gift from God?
- Live the Way of Jesus - How does this passage/sermon help you view sex more biblically? What does it look like for you to align your life to God’s true and good view of sexuality? As a single or married person what is the next step for you in light of this passage/discussion?
Next Steps/Additional Rescues:
- Grow Your Theology— The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller (Chapter 7)
- Good Discussion for Married or Engaged Couples— Catching Foxes by John Henderson
- Get Help— Schedule a meeting with a pastor/pastor’s wife to get help if you struggle with sex/sexuality. God’s redemption, grace, and power is for you. Our pastors/pastor’s wives would love to help you and/or connect you with a biblical counselor.