Sermon Summary - In this stand-alone sermon, we dive into Psalm 16, a well-known song of David, the King of Israel. A man who had everything one could dream of: status, approval, land, kingdom, servants, throne. Yet, he declares to us in this Psalm that only God can satisfy our souls. David was not a perfect King— he was a very broken man— but God was where he turned and God was his source of Joy.
Listen to the sermon audio here.
Watch the sermon video here:
Memory Verse - I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. - Psalm 16:8
- What does “God is good” mean?
- How do we know that God is good?
- What is idolatry? Do you think of yourself as an idolator?
- What do you think about the statement “at the root of every sin is idolatry”?
- How does Psalm 16 point us to Jesus and what he has accomplished on our behalf?